With the warmer weather, we’ve been talking electrolytes this month, and this spinach and banana smoothie definitely fits the bill.
*For a quick overview of electrolytes, see our electrolyte blog post here.
While electrolyte supplements abound, the cool thing is, you can actually get most of these essential minerals from food. This smoothie with spinach, kale, Greek yogurt, and almond butter is a great way to get started.
Together these ingredients provide an appreciable amount of calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous, all essential minerals our bodies need to function.
I hope you give this spinach and banana smoothie a try! Let me know what you think!
Spinach and Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (high in potassium)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, rinsed (high in potassium, calcium, magnesium)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (high in calcium, phosphorous, calcium)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (high in magnesium)
- ½ cup almond milk (fortified with calcium)
- Combine the frozen banana, fresh spinach, Greek yogurt, almond butter, and almond milk in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass and enjoy!