With the warmer weather, we’ve been talking electrolytes this month, and this spinach and kale salad recipe definitely fits the bill.
*For a quick overview of electrolytes, see our electrolyte blog post here.
While electrolyte supplements abound, the cool thing is, you can actually get most of these essential minerals from food. This spinach and kale salad, topped with feta and pumpkin seed, is a great way to get started!
Spinach, kale, and pumpkin seeds are all high in both magnesium and potassium. Avocadoes provide another boost of potassium, and the feta cheese adds calcium, phosphorous and potassium. If you need an electrolyte pick-me-up, you really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
I hope you give this electrolyte-rich recipe a try! Let me know what you think!
Spinach and Kale Salad with Feta and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves, or 1 8-oz bag (High in magnesium and potassium)
- 1 bunch fresh kale, chopped (High in magnesium and potassium)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (High in magnesium and potassium)
- 2 medium avocadoes, sliced or diced (High in potassium)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled (High in calcium)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Combine the spinach and kale in a bowl, and add avocado slices, cucumber, pumpkin seeds, and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice as dressing. Season with salt and/or pepper, as desired.