Quick post today. Just wanted to share this fab recipe I found for vegan cornbread. Boring you say? Well sorta, but I couldn’t resist sharing because it’s the best darn cornbread I’ve ever made. And it’s vegan. Who knew? I would make this over it’s dairy-laden counterpart any day. Just sharing the love people. Especially to all you vegans out there who don’t get a lot of love, but rather dirty looks and huffs of annoyance. Carry on vegans.
Original recipe is here: http://www.theppk.com/2007/10/vegan-cornbread/
-2 cups cornmeal (Make sure it’s organic. You know how I hate GMO’s.)
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/3 cup canola oil
-2 cups soymilk (I used coconut milk. It was delish.)
-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
-1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter or spray a 9 x 13 baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy milk and vinegar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add maple syrup and canola oil to soy milk mixture. Whisk until foamy and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix using wooden spoon or spatula. Pour in to prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.